Introducing Orchid’s Privacy Guardians Program2021년 6월 16일
Since the launch of the Orchid mainnet in December of 2019, we're very proud of what we've accomplished together. Just over the last several months, we've reached some important milestones:
- Through the deployment of probabilistic nanopayments, we've proven that the Ethereum network can scale--and we've deployed the same technology on xDai.
- Since we enabled in-app purchases for Android users last month, the Orchid VPN app is more flexible than ever before: users of any macOS, Android, or iOS device can start using Orchid with a credit card and just $1.
- Orchid's website and decentralized VPN service is now available in nine different languages, including Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, and English.
- Through initiatives like the Priv8 Virtual Summit and the Priv8 Podcast, the Orchid team is working hard to use our growing platform to educate the world about digital privacy, security, and the importance of access to an open, uncensored Internet.
None of this would have been possible without Orchid's dedicated community of users. The active support and engagement of people around the world has been absolutely invaluable.
And now, we're thrilled to offer a new way for our community to contribute to the Orchid ecosystem--and earn rewards doing it.
Introducing the Privacy Guardian Program
Orchid's Privacy Guardians Program is a community-driven initiative that will make Internet access and privacy more easily obtainable than ever. Privacy Guardians will play a crucial role in helping more people learn about Orchid and to gain access to the open Internet.
The principles of decentralization and open-source technology -- essential to a truly open and free Internet -- are a key element of the program. In exchange for their work, Privacy Guardians will earn points that can be exchanged for rewards. As they continue to contribute their knowledge, expertise, and hard work, Privacy Guardians can also "level up."
What will Privacy Guardians do? Here's what the program looks like on a practical level:
- Sharing: Members of the Privacy Guardian team will be rewarded for sharing information about digital privacy with new audiences..
- Translation: Multi-lingual Privacy Guardians can earn rewards for making Orchid's content accessible in more languages.
- Accessibility: Privacy Guardians will play an important role in making Orchid content available in new kinds of venues.
Who can apply? If you have good communication skills, if you are passionate about Internet privacy and security, and you care about democratizing access to the Internet, you're exactly who we're looking for.
Applications to Orchid's Privacy Guardian Program are now being accepted ahead of the program's launch later this month. Submit your Privacy Guardian application today.